Listen To This Article
WBEC-West officially announced the following 2021 corporation and Women Business Enterprise Award winners at their 18th Annual Strategic Procurement conference on December 8, 2021.
- Supplier of the Year Award Class 1 Heather Cox, with Certify My Company.
- Supplier of the Year Award Class 2 Amy Rowland, Pangea Biological & Teresa Ornelas, Great Impact.
- Supplier of the Year Award Class 3 Bonnie Lucas, Law Enforcement Specialists.
- Exceptional WBEs of the Year Award Lorraine Bergman, Caliente Construction.
- WBE Advocate of the Year Janet Lienhard, Virtual Instructor.
- Corporation of the Year This award was presented to the California Water Association (CWA). CWA is comprised of Golden State Water Company, San Gabriel Valley Water Company, San Jose Water Company, Liberty Utilities, California American Water, Suburban Water Systems, California Water Service
- Corporation Advocate of the Year Arnice Lamb, The Walt Disney Company.
- The WBE Choice Award Salt River Project (SRP).
Congratulation to the 2021 WBEC-West 18th Annual Strategic Procurement Award Winners
According to Dr. Pamela Williamson, President and CEO of WBEC-West each of the award winners have gone above and beyond this year to assist women-owned businesses in connecting with corporations and each other for procurement opportunities.
About WBEC-West, WBEC-West is a regional partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), a coalition of corporations, WBEs, and regionally focused women’s business organizations. As an affiliate organization, WBEC-West implements the certification standards of WBENC throughout Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Hawaii, and Guam.
The WBENC certification is nationally recognized and accepted by more than 10,000 major corporations that are members of WBENC National and the regional partner organizations. If you would like to learn more about WBENC or the certification process please visit wbenc.org.
Small Business Trendsetters Contributor
Discovering Innovators and Leaders in Business, Technology, Health and Personal Development.