Personal Trainer, Danny Dickson, TrainFX Health Club In Wetherby Addresses Bad Eating Habits

The most common problems that Personal Trainer, Danny Dickson has seen during his career are bad eating habits followed by the inevitable knock on effects of obesity.

When asked to explain, he adds, “I’ve been in the fitness industry for 22 years and I’ve witnessed how people have gradually increased in size over the years, and as a side note, especially the young children of my clients. I can do a lot to help people meet their weight and fitness problems head on, but here’s the thing, there’s only so much I can do.”

It’s the hardest thing, but a true fact, a personal trainer can only influence 25% of what a person can do to positively change the state of their health and wellbeing. All that can be controlled in the safe environment of the gym. However, the remaining 75% of their results depend on what they do in their own private time.

That’s something people have to be educated on as they often think that the time they spend training, while keeping the same eating habits, is enough to achieve their fitness goals. That simply is not true. So educating people on these facts is a very important aspect of a personal trainer’s job.

It often helps many people to have a basic diet plan template to follow. They can follow simple things such as, drinking a pint of water in the morning. It increases the metabolic rate by 20%. Once the metabolic rate is raised, it’s going to burn more calories, without having to work out.

By not eating something during the first 5-6 hours of the day the metabolism will not have had a chance to get started, resulting in the body going into a state where (in layman’s terms), it kind of shuts down, holds onto body fat, and doesn’t burn anything.

Many people who are trying to lose weight incorrectly think they can cut out breakfast and lunch and substitute them with a big meal in the evening. It’s absolutely the wrong way and actually has a negative effect that they are not aware of.

Dickson, who spent most of his early working life as a labourer in West Yorkshire, feeling isolated and craving for some sort of job satisfaction adds, “To see a member lose weight and to experience their joy when they tell you about it is an amazing feeling that makes all the challenges worthwhile.”

At TrainFX Health Club each member receives a personal training program to suit their needs. As their bodies change their needs change, so we are constantly monitoring, updating and customizing them every 4/5 weeks. This way their bodies never hit a plateau, and they stay focussed on getting the results they desire.

It really doesn’t matter if it’s our gym or any other across the country, people have a huge responsibility to their families, friends and ultimately to themselves to practice healthy eating habits in their own private time. That way, they can increase their chances of improving their overall health and wellbeing.

Kate Ashford from Health Magazine, explains, “All the little decisions you make about eating and moving make a big difference in your calorie-torching ability.”

And exercise Physiologist Gary Ditsch echoes Dickson’s thoughts on activating the body’s metabolism by saying, “Your metabolism isn’t fixed. You can impact it significantly with your daily activity and diet.” Adopt a few of these strategies to get the metabolism you crave—in the time you have.

To find out more about Danny Dickson and TrainFX Health Club in Wetherby, West Yorkshire, visit: